Turn back the clock with non-surgical “liquid facelift”
We all know what a facelift is and what magic it can do to make one look young again with a new tighter and smoother face. But not everyone has the guts to go under the knife, endure the pain and long recovery – not to mention the surgical risks involved. Affordability is also an issue.
To the younger generation, they simply aren’t ready for it. They don’t have very deep folds and severe saggy skin because their skin is still young, and a facelift is “a bit too far to go for” for most of them.
Does that mean if we have some early signs of aging skin, we can’t look and feel young again? Absolutely not! In case you haven’t heard of it, here we’ll be talking about a type of non-surgical facelift – “liquid facelift”.
What is liquid facelift?
A “liquid facelift” is the use of injectables into your face to smooth out wrinkles and add back the lost facial volume when we age, to create the features that are present in a younger face.
What it’s able to do include minimizing facial scars, smoothing out wrinkles on the forehead / neck / around the eyes and lips, plumping up the temples / cheeks and augmenting the chin, lifting the brows and contouring the jawline.
It’s non-surgical with the use of needles and cannula and best for those with fewer wrinkles and mild sagging.
What injectables are used in liquid facelift?
In Medical Spa Club, we use both dermal fillers and neuromodulators (botulinum toxins) in a liquid facelift.
Dermal fillers and neuromodulators work differently in synergy. Fillers add volume to the skin and thus produce the plumbing effect and treat deeper folds such as the nasolabial folds. Neuromodulators such as botulinum toxins, on the other hand, relax certain groups of muscles to produce lifting (e.g. brows lift) and slimming (e.g. the masseter i.e. the sides of the face) and smoothing out wrinkles.
Depending on the compositions, different brands and types of injectables are used on different areas for maximum efficacy.
Typical corrections with liquid facelifts
Liquid facelift vs surgical facelift
- Minimally invasive: a liquid facelift involves injections into the skin. It differs from a surgical facelift in that it doesn’t involve cutting into the skin. Therefore, downtime is minimum and there’s no recovery time. And of course, there’s no need for hospital stay!
- Fewer complications and no surgical risks: because a liquid facelift is not a surgical procedure, most people will only expect temporary side effects such as swelling and bruising which should subside in a few days. There won’t be incision scars.
- Available to younger people: for patients with mild early signs of aging, liquid facelifts are able to produce satisfactory results by improving the symptoms.
- More natural subtle changes: with the right amount of injectables used in a liquid facelift, natural beautiful transformation can be achieved. Your family and friends may have noticed the positive changes but can’t really tell exactly what have been done.
- Less pricey: a liquid facelift is a fraction of the price of a surgical facelift.
- A lunchtime procedure: a liquid facelift procedure takes only around an hour to complete. Some people call it a lunchtime procedure because of how quick the procedure is with no recovery time. A typical surgical option costs you hours for the actual procedure and at least 2-4 weeks for downtime.
Limitations of liquid facelift
Although a liquid facelift helps achieve a younger refreshing look to a certain extent, to older patients with very noticeable sagging and wrinkles, other forms of facelifts may be considered for more dramatic results.
Since a liquid facelift does not target on collagen stimulation, patients may go for the only FDA-approved non-surgical facelift ultrasound procedure – Ultherapy – to see improvement in skin quality and to compliment results.
Ultimately, a surgical facelift may be a better option to take years off your face, with excess skin removed and the tissues deep underneath the skin can be targeted and treated.
For more information about our non-surgical facelift solution, please click here.