Cosmetic Dermal Fillers
As we age, we experience a decrease in facial volume. This facial “deflation” causes skin to sag, resulting in folds, creases, hollow areas, and jowls. Dermal Fillers or Soft Tissue Fillers, or simply Fillers, are used to target and replace this volume loss, filling the hollowed areas, propping up or lifting and smoothing out the skin.
Common popular filler brands used in a variety of cosmetic treatments include Belotero®, Estelis®, Juvederm®, Perlane®, Radiesse®, Restylane®, Revanesse®, Teosyal®, Saypha® and Sculptra®.
At Medical Spa Club in Richmond, B.C., Dr. Pinkhasik uses fillers to address the following problems and concerns (below is a partial list):
- Smile lines (or nasolabial folds): lines that run from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth
- Marionette lines: lines that run downward from the corners of the mouth
- Corners of the mouth (or oral commissure)
- Jowl: the area on either side of the chin, where skin can sag due to loss of facial volume
- Chin wrinkles: horizontal lines that can form on your chin
- Tear Troughs: areas below your eyes that create “bags and hollows under the eyes”
- Lip augmentation
- Chin augmentation
- Facial contour augmentation
- Hand rejuvenation