Cheeks up. That stay up.
Silhouette InstaLift® (or simply InstaLift) is the first FDA & Health Canada-approved thread lift procedure to elevate and reposition facial tissue. InstaLift is an innovative, non-surgical treatment for patients looking for lift and volume who are not ready for surgical facelift procedures. Its Micro-Suspension Technology™ immediately lifts your mid-facial skin, including sagging cheeks and deeper nasolabial folds. It also boosts volume by activating your natural collagen production over time.
Silhouette InstaLift® (or simply InstaLift) is a revolutionary FDA-cleared thread facelift procedure. lnstaLift is indicated for use in mid-face suspension surgery to temporarily fixate the cheek sub-dermis in an elevated position.
The technology is comprised of micro cones that are placed in the deepest layer of mid-facial skin. It delivers an immediate lift and gradually restores lost facial volume of the mid face by activating your own natural collagen production for a more youthful appearance that continues to improve over time. The sutures and cones are made from poly lactic-co-glycolic acid (PLGA) and poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), well-known biomedical copolymers that are biocompatible and biodegradable.
- An immediate lift of midface, mandibular, and neck lifting
- Continual collagen stimulation and production following initial lifting effect
- Natural lasting results up to two years
- Non-surgical and minimal downtime
- A fraction of the cost of a surgical facelift
The Proof Is In The Science
- Promoting tissue and collagen growth: preclinical studies demonstrate tissue growth is evidenced as early as 30 days post-implantation with encapsulation of the device in collagen at 30 days
- Long lasting: localized partial absorption of the suture starts at 181 days post-implantation; at 364 days the cones show evidence of very early degradation
- Satisfactory results: subjects responded positively to outcomes and satisfaction with treatment in a prospective clinical study
- Improvement in cheek augmentation and self perceived age: cheek satisfaction scores at 8 weeks and 12 weeks, as well as age appraisal scores through 12 weeks post-treatment showed improvement
- Safety record: PLGA and PLLA have been utilized safely in medicine for decades. The InstaLift device (threads) and the procedure itself are both FDA and Health Canada-cleared. So far, more than 400,000 thread lifting procedures have been performed in more than 70 countries
Video: How Does InstaLift Work
The "Uplifting" Results
* Individual results may vary.
Book Your Consultation
Call us at 604-284-5501 for any questions or book online for a consultation with our doctor to discuss your needs and options. No obligation to proceed with any treatment or service – just information so you can decide when you want to make an enhancement of your natural beauty. We are all happy to help you every step of the way.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does The Procedure Cost?
Cost of the procedure is based on each patient’s individual needs. The price depends on your condition and the number of threads required. Our thread lift treatment starts from $1,500.
Please schedule a consultation with our doctor to come up with your individualized treatment plan. You will be fully informed of the procedure cost after a careful assessment.
How does InstaLift differ from other thread facelifts?
Currently, InstaLift is the first and only thread lift procedure cleared by Health Canada. The InstaLift device is made of PLLA and PLGA which have been safely used in medicine and surgery for decades.
Another very popular material used in thread lifts is polydioxanone (PDO). While PDO threads are Health Canada approved for closing surgical wounds, they are not yet cleared in aesthetic use i.e. thread facelifts in Canada.
Another advantage of PLLA over PDO is its longer biodegradation period. PLLA threads can last for 18-24 months and PDO threads can only last for 8-12 months as PLLA has been observed to be more effective at simulating collagen production than PDO.
How does InstaLift differ from other facial rejuvenation procedures?
InstaLift takes an innovative approach to mid-facial skin rejuvenation — addressing sagging mid-facial skin on the outside and volume loss on the inside. It’s the only non-surgical treatment with advanced Micro-Suspension Technology™ that uses micro-cones to provide an immediate lift and a gradual boost in natural collagen production.
It can also be complemented with other aesthetic treatments including skin resurfacing treatments such as lasers, ultrasound and radiofrequency and injectables such as fillers and Botulinum Toxins for more desirable results.
Is it painful?
A local anesthetic will be applied to numb the treatment area. Pain is minimal and can be well tolerated by most patients.
What are the common side effects?
Minimal swelling, possible bruising, as well as tenderness at the treatment site can be expected after procedure and will dissipate within 24-48 hours. They are generally mild and short-lived.
InstaLift is both FDA and Heal Canada-cleared. There have been no serious adverse events, unanticipated problems or effects or deaths recorded in clinical studies. If you encounter the following adverse reactions, you should immediately seek medical attention:
- Acute inflammatory tissue reaction, pain and edema
- Material sensitivity/allergic reactions
What should I do after treatment?
- Apply cold packs immediately after the procedure if required
- (Cold packs should be wrapped to avoid direct contact with skin and insertion point)
- Acetaminophen may be taken in case of pain
- Makeup may be gently applied after a minimum of 24 hours
- Sleep face-up, in an elevated position on pillows for 3-5 nights
- Do not rub face aggressively when washing, shaving and drying face for 5 days. Be gentle
- Avoid excessive face and neck movements for 2 weeks
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and UV light for 2 weeks
- Avoid participating in high impact sports (e.g. running) for 2 weeks
- Do not use saunas for 3 weeks
- Avoid dental surgery for 3 weeks
- Avoid facials or face-down massages and facial aesthetic treatments for 4 weeks
How soon will I see results? How long do they last?
You will notice instant face lifting effect right after your procedure. You will continue to achieve a more youthful-looking appearance that gradually improves over 6 months following treatment with long-term results lasting up to 2 years.
Who is a good candidate?
InstaLift is most often recommended for women (mid-30s to age 50) seeking a rejuvenated, yet natural-looking appearance, as well as experiencing a loss of elasticity/sagging skin and loss of volume in the mid-face. They look in the mirror and lift their cheeks, wishing they could revert to where they once were and envision the youthful appearance they once had.
These women are looking for an immediate lift while adding volume over time. In fact, they may have previously received cosmetic injectables. However, they don’t feel ready for surgery. While they have good skin quality, they also notice their nasolabial folds and/or sagging in their cheeks.
InstaLift should not be used in patients with any known allergy or foreign body sensitivities to plastic biomaterial or in situations where internal fixation is otherwise contraindicated, (e.g. infection). The device should also not be used in patients appearing to have very thin soft tissue of the face in which the implant may be palpable or in patients with excessive heavy skin. due to advanced aging. InstaLift is also not for people who aren’t willing to undertake the after-treatment considerations.
Please schedule your assessment today with Dr. Pinkhasik to find out your candidacy.