Spider Veins, Varicose Veins, and unwanted blood vessels
At Medical Spa Club in Richmond BC, our vein clinic offers treatment for varicose veins, spider veins, and unwanted blood vessels. We can help you with the unwanted side effects, which include leg swelling, aches, feeling tired, and the overall appearance. The techniques and technologies used for the treatment of the unwanted blood vessels will vary dependent on the type of the vessels, disease process involved, and your personal choice.
What are Spider Veins?
Spider Veins are like varicose veins but smaller. They also are closer to the surface of the skin than varicose veins. Often, they are red or blue. They can look like tree branches or spiderwebs with their short, jagged lines. They can be found on the legs and face and can cover either a very small or very large area of skin.
What are Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are distended twisted ropy veins, most often found on legs. The word “varicose” originated from a Latin root “varix” for twisted. They are veins belonging to the superficial venous network that no longer function properly due to failure of their internal valves.
Thus, the blood flow in these veins are much slower than normal, resulting in stagnation and back-pressure, causing problems in surrounding tissues. Although varicose veins are not necessarily painful, they may cause problems such as leg heaviness, pain, cramps, swelling, skin discoloration with or without itching, and skin ulcers.
What are Unwanted Blood Cells?
Unwanted Blood Vessels can vary from small dilated capillaries causing redness of ones face or nose, to telangiectatic vessels and spider veins causing red or blue streaks on face, legs, and body, to ulcer-causing large trunks of ropy-appearing varicose veins on one’s legs.
How Our Vein Clinic Works?
Our Vein Clinic uses different procedures to remove these unwanted vessels. Broadband Laser (BBL) and vascular laser (Nd:YAG) procedures treat smaller unwanted blood vessels on the face. Medium to large sized vessels, reticular and spider veins are often treated with injection sclerotherapy. This involves injecting a sclerosing solution or foam into the affected vein, usually followed by compression with a compressive stocking, causing the treated vessels to collapse and to scar-up, becoming invisible.
Visit Medical Spa Club To Find Out More
Book your consultation today. (Varicose vein assessments require a Doctor’s Referral) Call us at 604-284-5501 if you have any questions. Our friendly trained staff will help you every step of the way. Please note that a doctor’s referral is needed for varicose vein patients. (Varicose vein assessments require a Doctor’s Referral)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Sclerotherapy of Varicose Veins and Spider Veins?
What are some common uses of Sclerotherapy?
How should I prepare for Sclerotherapy?
- Please report to us following information:
- All medications that you are taking, including herbal supplements.
- Recent illnesses or other medical conditions.
- We may also advise you to stop taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or blood thinners for a specified period of time before your procedure. You may be asked to stop taking iron supplements.
- No lotion should be applied to legs before or after sclerotherapy.
- You should wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing to your exam. You may be given a gown to wear during the procedure.
- You may want to bring a pair of shorts to wear during the procedure.
- Please bring your compression stockings to the procedure as you will need to wear them immediately after the procedure.
How Does Sclerotherapy Procedure Work?
How Is Sclerotherapy Procedure Performed?
Are Follow-up Visits Needed?