Who says only teenagers would grow acne?
Studies have show over 40% of adults have persisting acne problem. For most people, this problem resolves quickly, but for some, it is a problem that continues well into adult life, with recurrent outbreaks of redness, blackheads, and pimples, that can lead to permanent scarring.
Can you do something about it? You sure can! There are several treatments that have been proven to work easing acne and acne scarring. Medical Spa Club in Richmond, B.C. can help you with your acne and hyperpigmentation (permanent scarring) issue to help you look and feel your best. We start by assessing you for medically treatable causes of acne. It may be a matter of adjusting your diet, or managing a medical condition such as a hormonal issue. There are a number of medications and skin care products that can help too.
Fighting Active Acne Problem
If medications do not provide you with sufficient relief, there are a multitude of new treatments available to you thanks to the recent advances in aesthetic medicine. These treatments include:
- Laser Treatment
- Radio-frequency (RF) technologies such as Fractora™
- BroadBand Light (BBL) Phototherapy
- Blue Light treatment to kill bacteria and to shrink the sebaceous glands that harbor them
- Chemical Peels and/or micro-laser peels to remove and renew the surface layers of the skin
- Medical facials, specifically dedicated to acne treatment
- Intra-lesional medications (e.g. cortisone shots)
- to shrink the persistent cysts
Battling Acne Scars
Acne scarring and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation can both occur after a breakout.
Post-acne scars can be addressed by using a combination of scar revision procedures to smooth-out and reduce the appearance of them. Find out more on our available scar revision procedures.
Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation will usually fade on its own over time – depending on your metabolism it can take months to even years for it to become less obvious. There are options to speed up the process, such as a medical facial.