Who did not have acne as a teenager? For most people this problem resolves quickly, but for some, it is a problem that continues well into adult life, with recurrent outbreaks of redness, blackheads, and pimples, that can lead to permanent scarring. Can you do something about this problem? You sure can! We at Medical Spa Club in Richmond, B.C. can help you with your acne and hyperpigmentation (permanent scarring) issue to ensure you look and feel your best. We start by assessing you for medically treatable causes of acne. It may be a matter of adjusting your diet, or managing a medical condition such as a hormonal issue. There are a number of medications and skin care products that can help.
Fighting Active Acne Problem
If medications do not provide you with sufficient relief, there are a multitude of new treatments available to you thanks to the recent advances in aesthetic medicine. These treatments include:
- Laser Treatment
- Radio-frequency (RF) technologies such as Fractora™
- BroadBand Light (BBL) Phototherapy
- Blue Light treatment to kill bacteria and to shrink the sebaceous glands that harbor them
- Chemical Peels and/or micro-laser peels to remove and renew the surface layers of the skin
- Medical facials, specifically dedicated to acne treatment
- Intra-lesional medications to shrink the persistent cysts.
Battling Acne Scars
Finally, scarring can be addressed by using a combination of ablative, non-ablative, or fractionally ablative laser resurfacing techniques, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and intra-lesional injections to smooth-out and reduce the appearance of acne scars.