Dark Under Eye Circle Treatment in Richmond, BC
Dark circles under eyes make one look tired (as if you did not get enough sleep) and older regardless of the age or how well you may actually feel.
They are caused by a combination of factors:
- Vascular congestion
- Pigment, resulting partly from broken capillaries caused by vascular congestion and weakness of capillary walls
- Thinning of the skin, making the congested capillaries more visible
- Volume loss caused by aging, with hollowing of the areas under the eyes
Can something be done to improve this appearance? You bet there is! Each of the factors listed above can be addressed:
- There are effective skin care products which will deal with the broken capillaries. Skin brightening compounds will also help reduce this pigmentation. These products should be used under medical direction as improper use may cause skin irritation in this sensitive area
- Lasers can also be used to deal with both pigment changes and congested capillaries
- Soft tissue fillers such as Juvederm™, Radiesse™, Estelis™, Teosyal™, Restylane™, Perlane, Sculptra™, Revanesse, and many other, can be used to provide support and restore youthful fullness, reducing or eliminating the sunken and hollow areas.
To learn more about resolving this problem, call our front desk at (604)-284-5501 or request a consultation with Dr Pinkhasik online by clicking here.