Menopause & Perimenopause
Menopause is a natural biological process that marks the end of a woman’s menstrual cycles. When there isn’t a period in full 12 months, menopause has begun.
Perimenopause is the transitional period before menopause. During perimenopause, levels of estrogen (a key female hormone), start to decrease. Women usually start experiencing symptoms in her mid-40s or 50s. Perimenopause can last from months to years.
What happens during perimenopause
Some common signs and symptoms that women report during their perimenopause are:
- Changes in the pattern of period
- Hot flashes
- Heart palpitations
- Poor quality of sleep and night sweats
- Mood changes, depression
- Urinary urgency (needing to urinate more frequently)
- Vaginal health and sexuality (vaginal atrophy or genitourinary syndrome of menopause (GSM) *see further notes below
- Sexual dysfunction and disorders *see further notes below
* Symptoms marked in bold may be administered at Medical Spa Club through the Viveve women’s health solution