Pre and Post Care Dermal FILLERS Instructions
Pre Care for Fillers
1. Stop taking medication that can thin the blood – A week before you get fillers treatment, stop taking:
- Ibuprofen, either generic or Advil, Aleve, or Motrin
- St. John’s Wart
- Vitamin E
- Fish oil or Omega-3s
This will minimize any potential for bruising. Tylenol is okay.
Post Care for Fillers
1. After you have received dermal fillers treatment, some injection-related discomfort, swelling, or redness may occur at the site of injection. Applying a cold compress will help.
2. If you need something more than cold compress for discomfort, use acetaminophen (Tylenol®, Atasol®) following the directions on the bottle. The use of ASA (Aspirin®) should be avoided as it may increase bruising at the site of injection.
3. Minimize movement in the injected area for the next day or two (e.g. Minimize smoking and/or drinking from a straw). Your new implant requires this amount of time to settle.
4. Many patients return to their normal routine/activities immediately after treatment, with no untoward effects.
5. You may gently wash injection area and apply makeup immediately after treatment.
6. Sunbathing, excessive UV exposure or excessive exposure to cold should be avoided until the redness or swelling has subsided.
7. Immediately report any worsening or persistent symptoms or side effects to us.
If you have any questions about the treatment you have received, please call us at 604-284-5501 or email us.