Pre and Post Care Botox or Xeomin Instructions
Pre Care for Botox or Xeomin
1. Stop taking medication that can thin the blood – A week before you get Botox injections, stop taking:
- Ibuprofen, either generic or Advil, Aleve, or Motrin
- St. John’s Wart
- Vitamin E
- Fish oil or Omega-3s
- Ginko Bilboa
This will minimize any potential for bruising. If you have to take pain medication, Tylenol is okay.
Post Care for Botox or Xeomin
1. Do not participate in any vigorous activities, such as working out or yoga, or anything straining for 6 hours after treatment.
2. Do not rub, touch, massage, or manipulate the treated area for 24 hours after treatment.
3. Avoid taking Advil, Tylenol and Vitamin E in order to reduce the risk of bruising.
4. Avoid facials or sauna for 4 hours after treatment.
5. Do not lie down for 4 hours after treatment to prevent uneven spread of Botox or Xeomin.
6. If you need to apply makeup within 4 hours after your treatment, only use gentle touch to avoid rubbing the treat areas. Enjoy our complimentary make-up “touch-up” at the clinic before you leave.
If you have any questions about Botox or Xeomin treatments, please call us at 604-284-5501 or email us.