SKIN CARE TIPS
from Dr. Paul Pinkhasik:
Know your ABCDES
Follow the ABCDE’s when it come to skin cancer:
Checking your body regularly is important, especially, when it comes to moles and skin cancer. Unusual moles, sores, lumps, blemishes, markings, or changes in the way a mole looks or feels may be a sign of melanoma or another type of skin cancer, or a lesion that may develop into cancer.Lesions that need to be removed immediately are melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and basal cell carcinoma. A popular method for remembering the signs and symptoms of melanoma is the mnemonic “ABCDE”:
- Asymmetrical skin lesion.
- Border of the lesion is irregular.
- Color: melanomas usually have multiple colors.
- Diameter: moles greater than 6 mm are more likely to be melanomas than smaller moles.
- Enlarging: Enlarging or evolving
Your best option is always prevention and education. See your medical professional.