Millions of men and women all over the world suffer from blotchy skin. These patches of red or brown skin can appear anywhere on the body, but they are most commonly found on the arms, neck, and face.
What causes blotchy skin?
Blotchiness and uneven skin tone can be due to heredity as well as many external factors including exposure to sun, wind, and chemicals. Skin blotchiness may also be a result of a number of medical conditions that include:
You may see red, white or brownish patches on your skin. The brown pigment patches of skin may become more visible when dead surface skin is not regularly exfoliated. The red blotches caused by dilated vessels may become more visible when you consume alcohol, and with exposure to the elements.
What treatments are available?
There are a number of highly effective treatments available for dealing with skin blotchiness in the following conditions:
- Acne – Broadband Light BBL, Chemical Peels, and Microdermabrasions
- Rosacea – Broadband Light BBL
- Sun Spots – Broadband Light BBL, Chemical Peels, and Microdermabrasions
At our clinic, we utilize effective strategies when dealing with any condition. In the case of blotchy skin, we would use the following strategy:
1) Address the root cause – Finding the root cause of blotchiness should be addressed in each individual case. This may be as simple as using sun-screen to treat a case of acne and bring it under control.
2) Treat the area – Depending on the skin condition associated with the blotchy skin, you may need treatment with photo-rejuvenation technologies such as BBL. In the case of sun spots, BBL can drastically improve skin blotchiness. BBL works through carefully selected light spectrum which is absorbed by a pigmented target in the skin, selectively destroying the target without damaging the skin.
3) Maintain the area – Maintaining the treated area with proper aftercare can further help too. By applying various skin care products available for decreasing redness and uneven pigmentation, and maintaining your skin in a healthy state.
- Can stress cause blotchy skin?
Yes! Blotchy skin can sometimes occur when your body is reacting to stressful situations. Itchy, red, or inflamed patches that are caused by stress will most often appear on the face, neck, and upper chest. Sometimes the blotchy skin will fill with small, itchy hives that will make the skin even more inflamed and cause the problem to spread.
Book your consultation at Medical Spa Club
Book a free consultation today. Call us at 604-284-5501 if you have any questions. Our friendly trained staff will help you every step of the way